- Get 100% gray coverage (even on your most stubborn grays) with rich and vibrant hair color that lasts up to 6 weeks
- Our innovative new permanent hair-color formula is clean and vegan! And yet it still delivers true, gorgeous hair color at home in your go-to shade—or that hair-color trend you’re so tempted to try
- What makes it clean? This hair color is formulated without ammonia, parabens, sulfates, silicones, mineral oil, gluten, and phthalates—all of the ingredients your hair (and you) could do without
- It gets even better: This hair color is gentle on your hair and respectful of your scalp, with a nourishing formula infused with cannabis sativa (hemp) seed oil
- Our Botanical Enriched Conditioning Glosses with camellia oil also include shade-specific ingredients: sesame oil for brunettes, black-tea extract for dark hair, cranberry for red shades, and chamomile for blondes
- Available in 16 permanent hair-color shades in an easy to use, non-drip cream formula
- First things first: Everything you need is inside the box
- Here are a few important points to get you started:
- Before you do anything, conduct a patch test (details are in the included instruction sheet)
- Then apply the hair color, starting at your roots, in small sections (about 1/2" each)
- The typical leave-on time for allover color is 25 minutes, but if you have particularly stubborn grays, add 5 more minutes (so 30 minutes in total)
- Certain shades (like 100 Extra Light Natural Blonde, 93 Light Golden Blonde, 48BV Burgundy, and 6R Light Auburn) will take a bit longer, so please be sure to read the instruction sheet to know the correct leave-on time for your Total Color™ shade
|Q:||What is Total Color™?|
|A:||Total Color™ is Revlon®'s first permanent at-home hair color inspired by clean beauty. We imagined a hair color that's free of many ingredients and created a formula that's not only gentle to hair, but respectful of your scalp, too. You get long-lasting, 100% gray coverage with 6-weeks of rich, vibrant color thanks to our Color Surround Technology™. Finally, clean hair color, no compromise.
|Q:||What shade should I use?|
|A:||We have 16 shades of Total Color™ available, and we designed the range to include something for everyone; from #10 Black to #100 Extra Light Natural Blonde and everything in between. We also designed Total Color™ to include vivid colors like #6R Light Auburn, #535 Medium Golden Mahogany, and #48BV (an alluring Burgundy shade) for attention-worthy, bold hair looks.
|Helpful Hint: If you are looking to try a new hair color, be sure to stay within 2 levels of your existing hair color for optimal results. If your current hair color is dark brown and you wish to go lighter, we recommend choosing shades like #50 Medium Natural Brown, #53 Medium Golden Brown, #51 Medium Ash Brown, or #535 Medium Golden Mahogany. If you wish to go darker, #10 Black, #30 Darkest Brown, and #48BV will work well on your current starting hair color.
|Q:||How often can I color my hair?|
|A:||Wait at least 2 weeks between Total Color™ hair color applications. Most people will need to recolor their hair with Total Color to cover new hair regrowth every 4-6 weeks. For a quick fix between Total Color™ hair applications, try Revlon® Root Erase™ permanent color formula.
|Q:||I would like to chemically treat my hair and color my hair at the same time. Can I do both on the same day, or is it better to do one before the other?|
|A:||It is recommended that you wait at least two weeks between hair coloring and any type of perming, keratin treatment, bleaching, relaxing, or other chemical treatment in order to prevent hair damage.
|Q:||Should I color my entire head each time that I color?|
|A:||That depends on what you would like your end result to be. If you are coloring your hair for the first time or changing your hair color shade, please proceed with following the "Full Head Application" directions as indicated in the Total Color™ Instruction Sheet inside your hair color kit. If you plan to touch up your root area with your current Total Color™ hair color shade, please follow the "Touch-Up Application" instructions instead.
|Q:||What if I have stubborn gray hair?|
|A:||Read the included Instruction Sheet to find out how long you should leave your selected shade on your hair in order to get the 100% gray coverage you desire. Depending on the hair color shade selected, we recommend leaving Revlon® Total Color™ on your hair for an additional 5 minutes during the application time in order to combat and completely cover stubborn grays.
|Q:||Does Total Color™ contain Ammonia?|
|A:||No, Revlon® Total Color™ does not contain Ammonia, which is common in most at-home hair color kits and salon hair color formulas. Ammonia is a strong solution put into hair color in order to open the hair cuticle and deposit color during the coloring process. It gets its less than stellar reputation by having an unpleasant odor.
|Q:||Is Total Color™ vegan?|
|A:||Yes. Our formula is free of any animal derived ingredients.
|Q:||Total Color™ contains Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil. Will this ingredient get me high?|
|A:||No. Total Color™ contains Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil as part of its nourishing color formula. This ingredient is derived from hemp seeds which have no psychoactive properties.
|Q:||Are the Total Color™ hair color kits recyclable? What is FSC Certification exactly?|
|A:||Yes. Since Revlon® Total Color™ is a clean and vegan hair color formula, we are all about keeping the rest of our kit as green and eco-friendly as possible. All of our cartons and instruction leaflets are FSC certified and recyclable. Additionally, if you rinse out all of the previously mixed formula from the developer bottle and applicator tip, this material can be recycled as well. The Forest Stewardship Council is an independent, not-for-profit, nongovernmental organization established to support environmentally appropriate, socially beneficial and economically viable management of the world’s forests. Having this certification means that the paper products we use meet FSC's criteria for inclusion.
|Q:||How do I fix my hair if I mess up when coloring at home?|
|A:||We have your back. Don't worry–we can help you achieve your perfect shade in no time. Typically, our customer service consultants will direct you to pick a new shade of Revlon® Total Color™ in order to balance out your previous, undesired result. For a consultation on the perfect shade to pick to get the result you want, please call our customer service consultants toll-free by dialing 1-800-4-Revlon anytime Monday-Friday between 8am and 5pm EST.
|Q:||I'm pregnant. Can I use Total Color™?|
|A:||If you are pregnant, please speak with your Doctor before applying Total Color™ hair color. Only your Doctor can confirm if Total Color™ hair color is right for you to use at this time.
|Q:||I can't snap the tip of the developer bottle. Do I need to have be Wonder Woman to snap it off?!|
|A:||No. Our precision targeted Total Color™ developer bottle features a 'snap tip' applicator nozzle. It easily snaps off by applying slight pressure to the plastic tip using your thumb and index finger, leaving behind an open hole for the formula to flow out of during application (while wearing your included gloves, of course!) In the event the tip does not snap off easily for you, simply use scissors to cut it off so you are able to effortlessly dispense the formula while applying.
|Q:||How do I open the Botanical Enriched Conditioning Gloss tube?|
|A:||At first glance it may appear that the Total Color™ Botanical Enriched Conditioning Gloss tube is complicated to open, but actually getting to the Camellia Oil-infused goodness is easy as pie. Follow the instructions below:
Carefully unscrew cap off of the tube. Remove the black ring located between the cap and tube. Re-insert the cap into the tube to puncture the tube's seal to open. Remove the cap a final time to dispense the gloss formula. You are now one step closer to silky, soft hair!
|Q:||What is the Total Color™ '100% satisfaction guarantee'?|
|A:||If you aren't 100% satisfied with your color result, contact our customer service center toll-free by dialing 1-800-4-Revlon anytime Monday-Friday between 8am and 5pm, and we will refund your purchase price.|